Modern Off-the-Grid Retreat in Oregon
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- From a nature writer’s off-the-grid Puget Sound getaway to a Texan’s shipping container guesthouse, these retreats may inspire you to make that backyard retreat you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- A strong creative streak runs through the Pacific Northwest and is on vibrant display in these spaces, featured in the pages of Dwell and on Dwell.com.
- It comes at no surprise that some of the most famous architects' early commissions were for their parents. Who better to encourage their experimental ideas?
- Who doesn't fantasize about a small place of one's own—a retreat, an escape, a house built for one?
- Living in a small space isn't restricted to city dwelling. Here are seven pint-size homes situated in far-reaching places.
- In modern home design, going green is no longer the exception but the norm. While we've summited this hill, there's still an ominous mountain before us: off-the-grid cities.
- Few climates offer the extreme heat and extreme cold (all in one day) of the desert.