Modern Off-the-Grid Retreat in Oregon
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- It comes at no surprise that some of the most famous architects' early commissions were for their parents. Who better to encourage their experimental ideas?
- From a nature writer’s off-the-grid Puget Sound getaway to a Texan’s shipping container guesthouse, these retreats may inspire you to make that backyard retreat you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- Who doesn't fantasize about a small place of one's own—a retreat, an escape, a house built for one?
- Architect Jim Garrison of Brooklyn-based Garrison Architects was asked to design a lakeside retreat for visiting families at a boarding school for troubled teens, Star Commonwealth, in Albion,…
- For Paul and Shoko Shozi, a pair of retiring Angelenos, the goal was to shut out the neighborhood but bring in the sunny skies.
- Living in a small space isn't restricted to city dwelling. Here are seven pint-size homes situated in far-reaching places.
- Nestled in an apple grove in Sebastopol, California, the Orchard House is a rural idyll.