Ich Bin Ein Mulcher
- Far from pandering to the whine of youth, this urban play garden fosters thoughtful interaction in a protected setting within the bustle of San Francisco.
- The winning design for Norway’s July 22nd Memorial is one of many poignant architectural metaphors for loss. Here are nine more memorials that use modern architecture to pay respect.
- In this edition of Friday Finds, the musical stylings of Ready 4 Airplay Vol. IV, Bobby D., a quick video tribute to the glory days of airplanes, and photography by Dutch duo Scheltens Abbenes.
- Ever since Adam and Eve’s unfortunate eviction, their descendants have been plunging hands and seeds into the earth in hopes of bringing forth food, beauty, and the satisfaction of taming…
- This week the plan was to transform the back garden into a lush California native garden inspired in part by Maui, where we just returned from vacation.
- It’s hard to believe that this idyllic house sited in a coastal coconut grove in Nandgaon, India, is a mere hour’s drive from bustling Mumbai.
- One of our favorite writers here at Dwell is architect Dan Maginn. And he does some pretty stellar buildings as well with his Kansas City, Missouri, firm El Dorado Inc.
Requiring just two screws, Perch is simple to mount. The bent-ply piece holds up to 50 pounds, but our 30-pound bike put the shelf under duress. It didn’t come crashing down, but we’d be nervous using it in a house with youngsters who love to climb things.