Ich Bin Ein Mulcher
- Far from pandering to the whine of youth, this urban play garden fosters thoughtful interaction in a protected setting within the bustle of San Francisco.
- The winning design for Norway’s July 22nd Memorial is one of many poignant architectural metaphors for loss. Here are nine more memorials that use modern architecture to pay respect.
- In this edition of Friday Finds, the musical stylings of Ready 4 Airplay Vol. IV, Bobby D., a quick video tribute to the glory days of airplanes, and photography by Dutch duo Scheltens Abbenes.
For anyone living alone or just feeling lonely, these friendly extraterrestrials are companionable without the hassle of having to give them food, water, or attention. When you find yourself a mate or roommate—or simply tire of your rubber friends—just turn them upside down in a pot and cover their heads with soil. Their bodies will decompose and, in their place, tasty edibles will grow.
- Litter bin, trash receptacle, garbage can—there are many ways to say it, and many poor examples of the genre.
- Self-taught photographer Matthias Heiderich has spent the past three years roaming around Berlin, snapping photos with his medium-format film camera and Pentax digital camera.
- Locals headed for a trek on the Lands End trail are stumbling upon the newest marvel within Golden Gate National Park while Bay Area architects and conservationists have eagerly anticipated its…
- The designers at Kansas City–based El Dorado believe they are improving on the conventional architect-contractor relationship by cultivating a more collaborative spirit among client,…