On the Fence
- They say that good fences make good neighbors, but it's equally true that good fences make for good design.
- Massachusetts has a long and storied history of progressivism, one that is reflected in these groundbreaking designs from Dwell's archives.
- Illinois resident Mary Kalanzis rises every morning with a view worthy of the next world. "I wake up to the vision of the hut everyday," she says.
- An architect creates a long-term home for his parents around a glass enclosure built to celebrate the greenery of its Northwestern site.
- We chat with the masterful weaver, textile designer, and gardener whose global aesthetic continues to reverberate and influence today’s interiors.
- For some, the Great Outdoors might mean rugged mountains, untrammeled forests, or wide-open plains.
- How a highly productive collaboration among a trio of creative Angelenas—and a good dose of Barragán—turned a dark and beleaguered mid-century house into a family home for the…
- From Luis Barragán's Mexico City residence to the Alvar Aalto House in Helsinki, we share ten architects' dwellings that are now museums.