On the Fence
- They say that good fences make good neighbors, but it's equally true that good fences make for good design.
- From girders to grating, steel has long been a popular, highly recyclable, and relatively inexpensive material for architects, designers, and builders.
- Massachusetts has a long and storied history of progressivism, one that is reflected in these groundbreaking designs from Dwell's archives.
- When we first visited Beat Schenk and Chaewon Kim two years ago, they were in the process of building the second house on what has turned into a Cambridge compound.
- In these five homes, a well-placed skylight makes all the difference, flooding the interiors with light from above.
- Who doesn't want a little more light in their lives?
- October 30th marked the closing of Seoul, South Korea’s nearly three-week-long Seoul Design Olympiad 2008 at the Jamsil Sports Complex, site of the 1988 Seoul Summer Olympics.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom Kundig of Olson…