Cool Chicken House
Who doesn't love a chicken run? This cool coop is by David Rosen, an Associate Producer at CBS News in New York. His goal, in addition to sheltering four egg-laying hens, was to design a structure that complemented his house, a modern barn in Rockland County.
Showing image @current of @total
- Talk about farm-to-table. Having your own chickens means the freshest of eggs and no further than your own backyard. Of course, you'll need a place to house your hens.
- Switching coasts from Brooklyn to Portland gave architects Mitchell Snyder and Shelley Martin a new set of unexpected clients: three young hens.
- For those that love salt in the air and sand in their hair, these seven shops and homes from the Dwell archives should have you busting out the wet suits and boards.
- Abuzz with visitors discovering and testing out all manner of sustainable alfresco products, Dwell Outdoor drew a huge crowd all day Saturday, with many filing in and out of a brand-new modern…
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.
- With all the talk of chickens being kept as pets in urban areas, it's nice to know there's a modern chicken coop alternative.
- In our July/August 2011 family- and play-themed issue we featured three very cool chicken coops designed and built by a cadre of handy Bertie County, North Carolina, high school students.
- In preparation for our upcoming outdoor issue, we've been examining all manners of outbuildings: prefab sheds, tree houses, architectural follies, even chicken coops.