Best Modern Desert Houses
+ Read Article
Few climates offer the extreme heat and extreme cold (all in one day) of the desert. Throw in the fact that they're sparsely populated, offer few municipal services, and are often in the middle of nowhere and you've got the perfect recipe for innovative, off-the-grid architecture. In our Elements Issue, we took a look at homes designed for all climes; here are our favorite modern houses in the desert.
@current / @total
- Happy Thursday! As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Architect Lloyd Russell’s design for this desert getaway passively mitigates the elements with a utilitarian solution, turning a modest modern retreat into a hardy, region-appropriate home.
- From prefab to site-built, and off the grid to plugged in, to follow are some of our favorite desert houses from the pages of Dwell.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- As previously seen in Best Modern Desert Houses, Dwell invites you to take a peak at these scorching additions.
- In this four-part series, we explore modern hallway designs from Asia to North America sourced from the Dwell archives. Click here to view Part One!
- Los Angeles-based Marmol Radziner understands the benefits of prefab construction.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.