7 Tremendous Tree Houses
Symbolic of both blissful childhood and the threshold between humanity and nature, tree houses hold a unique position in the world of modern architecture and design. We take a look at some of the tree houses from Dwell's past that inspire us to compile childlike imagination and adult creativity into one balanced and complete package. Hopefully you'll be inspired, too.
@current / @total
- Tired of being terrestrially housebound? Four homes go out on a limb and find their place in the trees.
- “I kept pushing the idea of doing a new kind of tree house further and further, trying to find the best structure, the best materials,” explains Dustin Feider, a 23-year-old freelance…
- We interviewed architect Sebastian Mariscal on his thoughtful, textured approach to designing with wood, for our 2014 Materials special issue.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- We're currently ruminating on small spaces of all configurations.
- These stilted homes transcend traditional architecture.
- We take a look at 10 of our favorite swimming pools and pool houses from over the years.
- Our latest special issue, Dwell Outdoor, is on newsstands now and available to order here.