7 Outdoor Design Ideas
For some, the Great Outdoors might mean rugged mountains, untrammeled forests, or wide-open plains. The residents of these seven homes managed to carve out their own great outdoor retreats—a sunken fire pit, built-in slide, contemplative koi pond, and family-friendly patio, among others.
@current / @total
- How a highly productive collaboration among a trio of creative Angelenas—and a good dose of Barragán—turned a dark and beleaguered mid-century house into a family home for the…
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- An architectural designer and an artist harnessed the collective power of their design firm to remake a dilapidated mid-century gem into a hillside perch for their family.
- With aptly applied angular concrete details and ornamental plantings, landscape architect Terence Lee transforms his slender Northern California backyard.
- Although snow still covers many a garden, spring is rapidly approaching and the plans for lush landscapes are being laid.
- An architect creates a long-term home for his parents around a glass enclosure built to celebrate the greenery of its Northwestern site.
- Fall is upon us and the branches are beginning to grow bare, so there’s no better time than now to focus on your hardscape. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pavers into the modern garden.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.