7 Outdoor Design Ideas
For some, the Great Outdoors might mean rugged mountains, untrammeled forests, or wide-open plains. The residents of these seven homes managed to carve out their own great outdoor retreats—a sunken fire pit, built-in slide, contemplative koi pond, and family-friendly patio, among others.
@current / @total
- How a highly productive collaboration among a trio of creative Angelenas—and a good dose of Barragán—turned a dark and beleaguered mid-century house into a family home for the…
- Landscape designer Bernard Trainor masterminds a seamless garden to surround a Silicon Valley Eichler.
- An architectural designer and an artist harnessed the collective power of their design firm to remake a dilapidated mid-century gem into a hillside perch for their family.
- The season for pool parties, barbecues, and eating al fresco is afoot.
- Although snow still covers many a garden, spring is rapidly approaching and the plans for lush landscapes are being laid.
- With aptly applied angular concrete details and ornamental plantings, landscape architect Terence Lee transforms his slender Northern California backyard.
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- The call of the wild is impossible to resist in these six patios, backyards, and gardens that offer a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.