5 Modern Edible Gardens
- In this exclusive series for Dwell.com, Linda Taalman of Taalman Koch Architecture tracks the hands-on, tight-budgeted renovation of her and her partner's live-work rental in Los Angeles.
- Earlier this year Fritz Haeg embarked on the first public Edible Estates Garden at southern California's Descanso Gardens in an effort to showcase the benefits of planting an abundant edible garden…
- We sunbathe, picnic, and play sports on them. Our bare feet seem inexorably drawn to them. And for many of us, they’re the first thing we see when we step out the front door: lawns.
- Currently on view in Los Angeles is an unconventional show organized by the artist Fritz Haeg, best known for his Edible Estates project, in which he helps homeowners replace their front lawns with…
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- As writer Shonquis Moreno put it, after traveling to Turkey’s most cosmopolitan city for the first annual Istanbul Design Biennial, "Istanbul is a city of chaos, improvisation, and irony, where a…
- Nearly all high-end kitchen appliance manufacturers invite celebrity chefs to their showrooms to make epicurean magic on their respective products.
- The Slow Food movement, not the mention Frtiz Haeg's modern day Victory Gardens, have sparked a renewed interest in canning and preserving homegrown food.