Advertising
Advertising

The three Prandelli brothers, Bortolo, Francesco and Giovanbattista, built their first factory in 1901, directly beside the river in Lumezzane, Italy. This allowed them to run machinery by use of a water mill. They worked metals as subcontractors and as primary manufacturers during the 30’s and World War II. After the war, it was necessary to reconvert their production and the three sons of Giovanbattista founded Mepra in 1947.

Mepra stands for “Metallurgica Prandelli” and its founders were the three brothers Pietro, Felice and Giacomo. They built a new and modernized plant in the upper side of the valley to produce aluminum and brass flatware. These raw materials were available in great quantities after the war. Each of the three brothers was responsible for a different function: Giacomo for the production, Felice for the Sales, and Pietro, who was previously a school teacher, for accounting. In 1950 the Prandelli brothers decided to convert the production to 18/10 stainless steel. This move was highly successful. In the following twenty years, the company grew continuously and extended the range to include holloware and kitchenware.

Advertising