"I'm used to spending time on boats," says New York based architect and interior designer Page Goolrick, who has been sailing competitively for 15 years. "It's influenced my design. Sailing vessels are beautifully designed, flexible, made for performance, but also attractive.
@current / @total
- Here at Dwell HQ in San Francisco, most of us reside in apartments and small ones at that, so we have a special place in our hearts for small space inspiration.
- Since the very beginning of Dwell's inception, in 2000, we've had a department called My House.
Modules in this flexible wall-mounted shelf rotate to act as a bookend or a hanger.
- Tight quarters prove especially challenging.
- Savvy homeowners prove that with clever storage and other space-saving solutions, living in a one-room apartment can be both practical and comfortable.
- A baby's arrival is cause for celebration—and for many, it's also a time to confront limited living space.
- Athens, Greece, the cradle of classical architecture, is home to this modern renovation of an 810-square-foot apartment.
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).