- Here are nine residences from the Dwell archives that apply the philosophy of "less is more" by stealthily hiding unnecessary clutter and creating smart storage solutions for various rooms in the…
- We've dedicated the pages in our November 2012 issue to living large in small spaces, whether they're 235, 900, or 2,000 square feet. But there's more!
- Today, in honor of the 12th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 we take pause and give a special salute to some of our favorite coverage of NYC over the years—knowing the skyline will never be the…
Dwell Executive Editor Amanda Dameron appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, November 3rd, to share modern design tips with Nate’s viewers. The show was devoted to our November Issue theme, Small Spaces. In this clip we take a tour of an innovative 650-square-foot apartment featured in our March 2011 Issue designed by Studio Garneau. The highlights? A hydraulic dinner table, custom murphy bed, and beautiful built-in compartments and secret hideaways.
- We tackle the bathroom in this installment of the Smart Storage Design series.
- Tucked into corners or folded into walls, hideaway beds accommodate last minute guests and open up potentially cramped spaces.
- Dr. Kenneth Montague’s Toronto loft is both home and art gallery—and the ultimate party house, thanks to two kitchens, a rooftop deck, and no shortage of conversation pieces.
Whether you're living in a tightly packed apartment or making a minimal footprint in a stand-alone home, choose furniture that flips, folds, morphs, and stows away to keep interiors tidy.