- As summer wanes, we present Dwell's favorite modern ski houses—high-design buildings built for tough winter weather, rugged activity, and easy access to the slopes.
- Whether it's indoors or outdoors, for practical use or aesthetics, a fireplace is a great addition to any home.
- Amidst the epic national parks and famous ski-resorts, modern architecture abounds in the Centennial state.
- Though it's sometimes looked down upon as a dowdy counterpart to its enclosed cousin, the garage, the carport is a functional and—as these examples from Dwell's archives suggest—often elegant touch…
- Concrete, usability, and open layouts incline extreme sport enthusiasts toward modern architecture.
- In a code-happy L.A. suburb, how do you break the mold without breaking the law? Architects Alice Fung and Michael Blatt steer clear of anarchy with a little democratic design.
- Relying on local materials, local craftsmen, and the land her family has farmed for over two centuries, a New Yorker rediscovers her Midwestern roots.
- Most homeowners would avoid living within striking distance of an avalanche, but Marcell Strolz and Uli Alber embrace Alpine extremes.