Separate Boîte Equal
From the leafy sidewalk outside Paul Bernier and Joëlle Thibault’s home in the Plateau Mont-Royal neighborhood of Montreal, there’s no clue that their brick home is all that different from its neighbors. But step inside, and perceptions quickly shift.
Showing image @current of @total
- These five homes feature ecologically mindful landscape designs. Take a look for inspiration!
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.
- We conclude our countdown of the 100 most-popular homes in Dwell.
- Quebec City architect Pierre Thibault has designed three Habitats Légers, or Light Habitats—small structures installed in the landscape and meant as creative retreats.
- We sifted through some past issues to find images of what some may argue to be the hardest working room in the house.
- Set into the dense tropical foliage of Hawaii’s wildest coast is a house that goes with the flow by welcoming the breeze.
- After searching in vain for an empty lot to build on, architect Brian White settled for a nondescript 1960s ranch that nobody else wanted—and proved that building from the ground up doesn’t always…
- Driving through the leafy country lanes on the outer edges of London’s commuter belt, it’s hard to imagine the city is just an hour away by train.