Rock the Boat
- As these residences prove, you don't need pricey, high-end materials to craft a high-design home. In the right hands, even humble sheets of plywood take on a luxurious new dimension.
- Architecture gets expensive, so these homebuilders put their creativity to work by designing with plywood. Here's how they saved a buck on materials without looking, well, cheap.
- A handful of homes who modernize their lake- or seaside locations with horizontal slats, lots of wood, and vernacular references.
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades. See Part One here.
- Happy Thursday! As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- We're continually amazed by all the great residential design Down Under. But lest the Aussies take all the credit, check out our tour of the best modern homes in New Zealand.
- In Auckland, New Zealand, architect Michael O’Sullivan and his partner Melissa Schollum braved a miniscule budget, withering looks from friends, and nasty nail-gun injuries to design and build…
- Subverting the traditional, conservatively cozy British barn conversion, Carl Turner created a getaway in rural Norfolk for himself and his friends to visit, repose, and consider the beauty of…