Play's the Thing
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
- Inspired by tansu chests and raw materials that show patina, a pair of Sydney-based architects renovated their own home—slowly.
- Argentinean materials, a roiling economy, and a pinch of personal tumult served as the recipe for furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti’s Buenos Aires oasis.
- A family discovers the joys of DIY design—and muddy feet—in their home made up of distinct pods that blends harmoniously with its surroundings in the rainy mountains of Kauai.
- In this tightly packed Northeast city where developers pounce first on any available lot, two young architects found a rare ground-up opportunity.
- For this San Diego family, the phrase "putting down roots" has taken on a whole new meaning.
- Though often pushed to the wayside, the rooms belonging to the littlest members of the family need not be ignored. Our editors have combed through the archives to find some favorites from years past.