Play's the Thing
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
- In this tightly packed Northeast city where developers pounce first on any available lot, two young architects found a rare ground-up opportunity.
- To revamp their loft in New York City’s Tribeca neighborhood, a family enlisted Matthew Miller of StudioLAB.
- A family discovers the joys of DIY design—and muddy feet—in their home made up of distinct pods that blends harmoniously with its surroundings in the rainy mountains of Kauai.
- We turn our eye to Israel to sample a bit of the modern design happening in the Middle-Eastern country.
- Though often pushed to the wayside, the rooms belonging to the littlest members of the family need not be ignored. Our editors have combed through the archives to find some favorites from years past.
- A family enlists Brooklyn design-build firm MADE to renovate a brownstone using surplus and salvaged materials for a budget-conscious patina.