Part of the Plan
For years, Eileen and Jelle Kiesling spent much of their time in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, she as a teacher, and he as a manager for Royal Dutch Shell. Reaching semi-retirement, the couple, who live in the Netherlands, were looking for a vacation home back in the United States, specifically northwest Arkansas, where Eileen grew up.
@current / @total
- From a home with an expansive coastal view to a home set steeply amidst dappled maple canopies, these and more houses are built to withstand the elements.
- Christmas vacation is right around the corner and that has got us all pining for a fabulous vacation getaway home. Here, we take a look at seven enviable escapes from the beach to the mountains.
- In Oakland, California, two designers transformed a 100-year-old barn into a (very) cozy home of their own by redefining the functionality of walls and windowsills.
- New York-based designer Jill Fehrenbacher, a self-proclaimed lover of vegan junk food, started Inhabitat, a site devoted to the future of design by tracking innovations in technology, practices and…
- Among the many problems of urban living in Portland, Oregon, are raccoons, deer, and falling trees.
- A self-proclaimed “collector of old stuff,” designer Yota Kakuda finds inspiration in vintage objects found in junk shops and flea markets.
Three new ways to kick back, sit up, and recline outdoors make bird-watching a breeze. Plus: a trio of avian housing.
- Aaron Roberts and Thomas Bailey, the young architects behind room11, teamed up to design a house for Aaron's parents, fixing the structure into the topography of the site.