Outback Staked House
- Here at Dwell, we love a good pun. In fact, we save some of the best for headlines that run in our print issues.
- In this tightly packed Northeast city where developers pounce first on any available lot, two young architects found a rare ground-up opportunity.
- A new prefab prototype on a Scottish island demonstrates a smart—and superlocal—approach to building in far-flung locations.
- Designer Jens Risom returns to his 1967 prefab off the coast of Rhode Island, readying it for his family's next generation.
- On New Zealand’s Great Barrier Island, two architects designed a petite holiday home that takes care of its own water, electricity, and sewage needs.
- We top off our series of modern Australian homes with four more from the Dwell archives. If you missed parts one and two, be sure to check them out!
- For a Toronto couple with a love of minimalist Japanese architecture, a sleek, storage-packed kitchen was the first priority in their home's renovation.
- A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces.