- Located just across the water from San Francisco, the East Bay—including the cities of Oakland, Berkeley, and Emeryville—is a much sunnier, spacious counterpart to its foggy sister city.
- Mike McDonald, an Oakland, California–based builder, faced a common problem for Bay Area homeowners: an aesthetically pleasing, historically significant, but structurally shaky Victorian.
- Persistence paid off for this California couple who worked overtime for two years to tackle their all-in-one loft renovation.
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- If you're lucky enough to own a home with "Neutra bones," here are six examples of how to update the mid-century feel for modern living.
- A 1950s Joseph Esherick home in Berkeley, California, inspires an addition that pays homage to the past yet is poised to host the next generation.
- By keeping the budget strict, the insulation tight, and its values clear, Philadelphia’s Postgreen Homes shows a little brotherly love for green, urban housing.
- A few years after moving into their stocky, cavelike 1970s bi-level 20 miles southeast of Milwaukee, JJ and Eric Edstrom decided it was time to renovate.