Designing a house for this setting was a thrilling puzzle of aesthetics and terrain for a young architect. The house they built that year suited the couple for 30 years of long summer vacations, but recently, as Kiehl tells us, it was time for an upgrade.
Showing image @current of @total
- A stint in a sauna rumored to have myriad benefits from the social and heath standpoints and if you've considered building one of your own, here are five examples from the Dwell archive.
- While we can all heed that age-old axiom, "Never judge a book by its cover," we're swooning over the façades of these homes.
- Summer days are long in Scandinavia, and we can't think of any better place to spend the sunny hours than in—and around—these chic and stylish summer houses.
- As these five projects prove, a modern deck or porch can play many creative roles—as a play space, hangout spot, dining area, and more.
- For this San Diego family, the phrase "putting down roots" has taken on a whole new meaning.
- It's our humble opinion that summers are best spent reclining on a warm sunny deck with a refreshing beverage in hand and a cool breeze blowing.
- From a young couple's loft in Emeryville to a much-needed summer vacation home upgrade in Norway, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One and Two here.
- Ah, the beauty of bathing in the breeze. Here we present our some of our favorite outdoor showers from issues past.