Minimalist Bachelor Pad in Brisbane
Londoner Dave Clayden has gradually adjusted to life in the subtropics, where, as he puts it, “toweling yourself down after a shower is enough to make you start sweating again.” He no longer mistakes steam rising from a road’s surface after a heavy rain for smoke, and he knows that when designing a house “you want to keep the light out and get the air in.”
@current / @total
- What's that you say? It's National Cat Day? We just couldn't help ourselves so we're doing National Cat Day the Dwell way.
- While curb appeal may get all the fan fair we think great architecture deserves kudos from all angles.
- We combed through our archives to present this pictorial ode to one of the most high-traffic spaces in the house—the bathroom.
- We top off our series of modern Australian homes with four more from the Dwell archives. If you missed parts one and two, be sure to check them out!
- How does one hide clutter in a bathroom without going full-on minimalist? Let these ten homes guide your way.
- Design pared to the bone is a high-risk strategy, but as this Australian home illustrates, it can also produce a sublime environmental connection.
- From a modern twist on the classic porch swing to living roofs and a breathtaking vertical garden, our Pinterest board devoted to Landscape Architecture and Outdoors is full of great design ideas.
- Browse beautiful and innovative bathroom designs from the pages of Dwell and get inspiration for your own bath tile, toilet, bathtub, bath sink, and shower.