- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- Rich materials, comfy textiles, a splash of paint, or the deft use of light—we call out design gestures that do wonders to carve out a cozy home.
- Along the ever-expanding coastline of Hawaii’s Big Island, an architect and his family exchange fast-paced city life for a different kind of flow—the geological kind.
- We can learn a thing or two from foodies about kitchen design, as the following modern Dwell kitchen-centric homes—the stuff that culinary dreams are made of—so elegantly prove.
- In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a…
- A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces.
- Though often pushed to the wayside, the rooms belonging to the littlest members of the family need not be ignored. Our editors have combed through the archives to find some favorites from years past.
- It's our firm belief that morning toast and coffee taste better in a cozy breakfast nook—a design feature made popular in Craftsman homes of the early 20th century.