Four Walls and a Screw-Top
- Perhaps best known for cheese, beer, and Bart Starr, Wisconsin has emerged in recent years as something of a laboratory for intelligent, modern architecture.
- Picnic tables. They work well inside or out, and they conjure happy memories of lazy summertime afternoons spent with friends and family.
- Architects Simon Beames and Simon Dickens are worried.
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- In 1979, Nasir Kassamali, co-founder of furniture showroom Luminaire, started a talk series with designers as a way to eliminate the barriers between designers, their furniture, and the consumers.
- After purchasing a revered archetypal lake house designed by American architect Richard Meier, a retired couple launches into the home’s second renovation in 35 years.
- Born as a horse stable, the Brick Weave House in Chicago is all about transportation and transparency.
- For Paul and Shoko Shozi, a pair of retiring Angelenos, the goal was to shut out the neighborhood but bring in the sunny skies.