Four Walls and a Screw-Top
- Perhaps best known for cheese, beer, and Bart Starr, Wisconsin has emerged in recent years as something of a laboratory for intelligent, modern architecture.
- Picnic tables. They work well inside or out, and they conjure happy memories of lazy summertime afternoons spent with friends and family.
- When Anders Stokholm asked his old friend Felix Jerusalem to design his family’s new home in Eschenz, a northern Swiss village on the Rhine River and Untersee Lake, the client and architect agreed…
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- In 1979, Nasir Kassamali, co-founder of furniture showroom Luminaire, started a talk series with designers as a way to eliminate the barriers between designers, their furniture, and the consumers.
- If you're anything like me, it drives you nuts when a light is left on in a room you—nor anyone in your household—is in. How sinful is it though?
- In an unlikely mountaintop locale, Anderson Anderson Architecture crafted a home out of a complex composition of off-the-shelf components, paving new paths for the prefabricated construction industry.