An Epic Plot
- What sort of house might a man with the title “recycling coordinator” live in?
- In northwest Michigan, a vacation retreat boasts a prime vantage point from which to soak up the bucolic scenery.
- Stephen Yablon Architect reimagines the stilt-house typology for a cutting-edge modern addition to a home in South Carolina's Lowcountry.
- It may be the last bastion of the American Way in the frigid north, but Alaska is also home to some stunning modern homes. We visited one amazing Alaskan house in our July/August 2013 issue.
- Warm, rosy-toned copper has fallen into favor with contemporary designers.
- How do you squeeze maximum functionality out of minimal space? Rosa and Robert Garneau make it happen with multipurpose furniture, a hydraulic Murphy bed, and secret compartments galore.
- Modernism's crisp lines and ornament-free surfaces bear little resemblance to Gothic architecture's gingerbread house–like flourishes.
- Dr. Kenneth Montague’s Toronto loft is both home and art gallery—and the ultimate party house, thanks to two kitchens, a rooftop deck, and no shortage of conversation pieces.