- Austin, Texas: Home to food trucks, live music, the first Whole Foods, and annual stomping grounds for the tech set, Austin also happens to have a kicking modern architecture scene.
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- In the Kindle era, it's possible to do away with ink-on-paper books in the name of decluttering. And yet there's something about those old volumes that, for many of us, helps make a house a home.
- Texas is famous for supersized everything, but these six buildings are daringly diminutive.
- Architect Jamie Darnell had a simple plan for his family’s home in Kansas City, Missouri, but the result is anything but plain.
- Mike McDonald, an Oakland, California–based builder, faced a common problem for Bay Area homeowners: an aesthetically pleasing, historically significant, but structurally shaky Victorian.
- This year's Pebble Beach Concours d’Élégance car show featured a roll-out of General Motors' spectacular Motorama cars of the 1950s, prototypes and fantasy models that embodied…