Diamond in the Rough (and Ready)
- Connecting a home to its environment can be as simple as bringing parts of the natural world back inside. Click to see six homes that beautifully incorporated natural design accents.
- Concrete may seem brutalist to some, but consider its many applications: buff, polished, waxed, and turned into panels for a facade. Here are nine Dwell homes that make incredible use of the material.
- A Southern California architect approaches his family home as an experiment in sustainable design.
- When creative director Ben Watson and his partner, painter Claudio Tschopp, relocated from Basel, Switzerland, to Portland, Oregon, three years ago, they had been told about Portland’s Pearl…
- San Francisco architect Cary Bernstein recently completed this renovation and expansion of an old cottage in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood.
As part of our Design Leaders video series, architect Ken Isaacs reflects on the innovative projects that defined his career, from the Shoebox House to the Knowledge Box.
- An architectural designer and an artist harnessed the collective power of their design firm to remake a dilapidated mid-century gem into a hillside perch for their family.