Mill Valley, California, might not be a hotbed of modernism, but it was here, ten years ago, that Dwell came into the world alongside founder Lara Hedberg Deam’s first home—now renovated by her husband, Chris Deam. Here’s the story behind the place that started it all.
@current / @total
- Clean, modern design need not end at your front door.
- Rendered helpless in the face of a color wheel? Have a hard time choosing between yellow, green, blue, and red for your living room?
- Fall is upon us and the branches are beginning to grow bare, so there’s no better time than now to focus on your hardscape. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pavers into the modern garden.
- As previously looked at in Porches Across America, Dwell takes a second glance at 7 flawless entryways around the world.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- Over the years at Dwell, we've received emails and letters asking where to purchase the amazing modern design seen in the pages of Dwell.
- Is there such a thing as "home" without music?
- "That rug really tied the room together," says Walter Sobchak in the Big Lebowski.