Cost-Effective Family Home in Pittsburgh
An architect and his wife roll up their sleeves and create an affordable family residence in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Plus, catch architect Andrew Moss's guide to the city here.)
@current / @total
- In our July/August 2014 issue, architect Andrew Moss walks us through the home he and his wife, electrical engineer Michelle Yanefski, built for their family in Pittsburgh's up-and-coming…
- Architect Ko Wibowo designed a house of prodigious proportions beneath the hulking rise of Mount Ranier.
- Green themes and cost-effective credentials might not be new to the spotlight, but they are certainly ubiquitous at the 2009 International Builders’ Show, held this year in Las Vegas.
- Whether you're going up or going down, an artfully constructed staircase never takes you in the wrong direction.
- Building on the 8 Libraries We Love post, here are six reading nooks crafted for the modern bibliophile.
- If there's one material Tom Kundig of Seattle firm Olson Kundig Architects is known for deploying in his projects, it's steel.
- On Puget Sound, activist and filmmaker Anna Hoover collaborated with Les Eerkes, a principal at Olson Kundig Architects, on a 693-square-foot studio in the woods.
- When Joe Borst saw an affordable bungalow in a Marina del Ray neighborhood filled with either condos or mansions, he knew he found a perfect place for him and his girlfriend Maria Torres to live in.