Come Sail Away
- With stops in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Columbus, Indiana; and more, we take a closer look at gleaming modern homes in the country's rust belt.
- The Mariscal residence in downtown San Diego is just one surprise in a city rarely associated with innovative urban structures.
- From tents to trailers, we take a look at homes that push the boundaries of traditional architecture.
- It's our humble opinion that summers are best spent reclining on a warm sunny deck with a refreshing beverage in hand and a cool breeze blowing.
- Most beachfront houses treat the ocean as part of the visual landscape with panoramic views and wraparound balconies.
- Calling upon midcentury modern archetypes, Curt Cline of Modern House Architects designed a residence in Los Altos, California, built with Passive House principles in mind.
- If you're lucky enough to own a home with "Neutra bones," here are six examples of how to update the mid-century feel for modern living.
- Footbridges can join an older structures to a new additions, or close a gulf between a house and the street. And when good design is part of the mix, they can add a decorative touch.