- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).
- Is the modernist's perfect companion a fluffy pooch?
- Like a little chapel on the prairie, architect Jean-Baptiste Barache’s simply elegant retreat in the tiny Normandy town of Auvillier is a modern play on centuries-old forms and technology.
- On an island 20 miles off the coast of Maine, a writer, with the help of his daughter, built not only a room but an entire green getaway of his own.
- From classic, cool glass swaths to a glowing semi-opaque wall to a crowning oculus of light, we've rounded up a selection of some of the most distinctive and diverse windows from homes featured in…
- A Tokyo architect’s shape-shifting apartment takes a holistic approach to live/work style.
- The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff.
- In Seattle, where others saw only a severe slope and lack of municipal hookups, one couple spotted their ticket to their dream home.