An Airy Addition to a Historic Boise Home
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
- Who doesn't fantasize about a small place of one's own—a retreat, an escape, a house built for one?
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades.
- Sometimes, you just need more space. But what are you to do when moving isn’t an option? These five homeowners found solutions in creative home additions.
- With a presence in three centuries, Christi Azevedo’s Victorian survived the quake of 1906 and served as a laundry before its rebirth as a well-lit hybrid of old and new.
- Calling all residents of Edwardians, ranch houses, and those challenging Victorians: If your heart beats for modern, don't miss these inspiring examples of seamlessly integrated modern updates to an…