Made in L.A.
Showing image @current of @total
- A chat with William McDonough, Ray Kappe, Glen Small, and others on the history of sustainable architecture.
- From Frank Lloyd Wright to Frank Gehry, many noted architects have dreamed of a better plan for the architectural fabric of Los Angeles.
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
- Dig this two part Mike Wallace Frank Lloyd Wright interview.
- Got a spare $7.7 million? Then please buy Frank Lloyd Wright's newly restored Millard House, aka La Miniatura, and open it up on weekends for the public.
- As architect Frank Lloyd Wright once advised his students, "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
- Earlier this week I visited a new exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the recently-opened Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward.
Fifty years after the realization of Frank Lloyd Wright’s renowned design, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum brings together sixty-four projects designed by one of the most influential architects of the 20th century, including privately commissioned residences, civic and government buildings, religious and performance spaces, as well as unrealized urban mega-structures. Presented on the spiral ramps of Wright’s museum through a range of mediums—including more than 200 original Frank Lloyd Wright drawings, many of which are on view to the public for the first time, as well as newly commissioned models and digital animations—Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward illuminates Wright’s pioneering concepts of space and reveals the architect’s continuing relevance to contemporary design.