Ghost in the Machine
- The architecture of Tadao Ando seeks to connect the building with its surrounding.
- This summer will see the completion of the final stages of the Clark Art Institute's campus expansion program.
Tadao Ando designed Dream Chair as a tribute to Hans J. Wegner. The chair is made of three-dimensional plywood and with this material, Tadao Ando and the cabinetmakers at Carl Hansen & Søn pushed the size and curvature of the plywood sheet in order to achieve the necessary characteristics of a chair. It is available in oak and walnut with or without upholstered front in leather or fabric and an adjustable neck cushion.
- In addition to my tour of the Freitag factory in Zurich, a huge high point of my recent trip to Switzerland involved hopping over the border from Basel to 1 Charles-Eames-Strasse in Weil am Rhein,…
- The striking Massachusetts museum Clark Art Institute reopens its doors after a decade-long transformation.
- Even the most time-honored institutions can sometimes use a facelift. These venerable museums across the country are being revitalized with modern renovations.
- “The uniqueness of the horizon and the desert light encouraged everybody to try something different,” says architect Will Bruder of Phoenix, Arizona, his adopted hometown.
- Carlos Diniz’s astounding hand-done renderings, illustrations, and screen-prints helped to push more than just a handful of buildings—they sold the very idea of modernism itself.