Desk Typography: A Font Based on the Open Office Plan
- With wi-fi and a laptop, the world is your office. No matter where you tackle your to-do list, good desk accessories are essential.
- When Matthew Carter finished high school in England in the 1950s, he moved to the Netherlands for a year; he’s been working with typography ever since.
- The next post in our series dedicated to eradicating clutter focuses squarely on the home office, where simple storage and design solutions promise to help you dump those extra papers and think…
- At the start of the new year we all have grand intentions. Often, one of them is to finally get more organized.
Don't be fooled by the graceful curves and fold of the Ribbon Lamp, because this slick desk accessory packs a powerful lighting punch. Using CCFL technology—the same that's illuminating your plasma flatscreen TV—the bulb will keep your workspace bright for up to 15,000 hours, and the arm can be extended up, out, or down to accommodate the amount of room available in your office.
- Hungarian architect and designer Lajos Kozma (1884–1948) made an indelible mark on early-20th-century European design with his drawings, buildings and furniture that drew upon traditional…
The lacquer and melamine wall-mounted desk sports myriad interior cubbies and folds up when not in use.
- The recent fifth edition of Sofia Design Week in Bulgaria's capital city marked a milestone for this international festival devoted to design and visual culture from Eastern Europe and beyond.