Bridges We Love
- On a recent sunny San Franciscan morning, associate editor Miyoko Ohtake put on a yellow vest, protective goggles, and a hardhat to partake in a deep-access tour of the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay…
- From a striking catwalk to a glass-walled skybridge, we cover walkways and platforms the span great divides.
- Though the Golden Gate and the Bay Bridge are certainly the most famous, there are in fact seven bridges that span the wide waters of the San Francisco Bay.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- Seeking to harmoniously integrate a modern aesthetic into the varied architectural vernaculars of Mumbai, India, the Brooklyn-based firm Khanna Schultz (made up of the wife-and-husband team of Vrinda…
- On a gently sloping lot in the middle of a pine forest at the northern edge of Cuernavaca, Mexico, is a family compound with a recent addition conceptualized by local architect Alfredo Raymundo Cano…
- A look at 17 of the longest, tallest, most artful bridges on the planet.
- In a code-happy L.A. suburb, how do you break the mold without breaking the law? Architects Alice Fung and Michael Blatt steer clear of anarchy with a little democratic design.