9 Tips for Loft Living
- Crunched for space, the residents of these homes—mostly under 1,000 square feet—have the same ideas: look upward and compartmentalize.
- We take a journey from San Diego to Brooklyn to Warsaw and beyond to check out the myriad ways to rework a loft space.
- As we prepare for our November issue, which is all about small spaces, we’re thinking small, and that often means creative use of otherwise wasted space above the main floor.
- In 2006, architect Nathan Lee Colkitt, whose firm has designed affordable, modern housing, a challenged athletes foundation and a conceptual Cuban immigrant museum, was in search of a live/work space…
- In apartments where every square foot counts, lofted beds can act as both a stylish and space-saving element.
- We all have stuff to store—it's a necessity—but why do we have to do it the boring way? Here we've gathered five great examples of creative ways to make wall storage fun!
- Openshop|Studio’s design for a hivelike structure in the middle of a Brooklyn loft creates a chrysalis of comfort for a couple and their baby.
- From color palettes to vertical accents, we've rounded up eight proven tactics for making the most of a small space renovation.