8 Tips for the Modern Thanksgiving Table
- Though the oohs and aahhs may come when the table is set and filled with culinary triumphs, the real hero of the day is the chef and his/her tools behind the scenes.
- For this week's installment of entertaining tips, Dwell invited Los Angeles–based blogger, jewelry designer, and hostess extraordinaire, Kate Albrecht of mrkate.com over to set a table or two.
Handmade and free blown at Iittala's legendary Finnish glass factory, this modern three-piece serving set stacks up well against the classics.
- With the launch of the Dwell Store and Thanksgiving right around the corner the timing couldn't be more perfect.
The Colour Glass collection is a range of minimalist glassware by Scholten & Baijings. It includes high and low water glasses, a red wine glass, a white wine glass, a champagne glass and a carafe. The glasses and carafe come in in three different designs: with yellow or blue fading from the top, or a golden dot at the bottom of the vessels. The red wine glass comes with a pink square on one side, the white wine glass has black grid lines and the champagne glass features golden grid lines.
- Eero Saarinen’s legendary Miller House opened to the public in May 2011 for the first time. Leslie Williamson gives us an intimate tour of this Columbus, Indiana, treasure.
- Seeing the world through rose colored glasses is easier with these glassware sets that add modern oomph to a tabletop setting.
- In my online wanderings this week I've come across a totally lovely set of table linens from Los Angeles–based Commune Design.