Olympic City: Gary Hustwit on Sochi and the Afterlife of the Games
@current / @total
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
Stop by and check out a screening of Objectified, director Gary Hustwit's new film about everyday objects and the industrial designers who create them. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Hustwit.
Dwell Editor Aaron Britt recently moderated a discussion with Hustwit and others, as part of the Dwell Conversations series, about the film and about how objects shape the world around us. Be sure to read an extended interview with Gary Hustwit conducted by Associate Editor Miyoko Ohtake, as well.
- From the heart of Mesoamerica to the heart of the Big Apple, these are ten of the most famous sports stadiums of all time.
The BMW Guggenheim Lab ends its three-month run in New York City with a weekend of more than a dozen special events on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16. Join them for one last chance to participate in the Lab and celebrate its time in the East Village—before the Lab travels to Berlin. Take this opportunity to hear about some of the Lab’s early findings, participate in the final set of discussions and workshops. Highlights include a panel discussion on 10/15 from 8:00 to 10:00 PM with Gary Hustwit, director of the newly released documentary, "Urbanized," and film subjects including Amanda Burden, Chair of the New York City Planning Commission and Director of the Department of City Planning. The Lab is located in First Park at Houston and Second Ave.
- Gary Hustwit’s new film Objectified isn’t about women or using sex to sell goods and services, though he’s been asked that several times.
- Dispassionate about his city's de rigueur "City of Design" designation, architect Gilles Saucier shows us there's more to Montreal than Expo 67.
- I finally saw Gary Hustwit’s very fine film Objectified this week and could not be more excited to moderate the latest Dwell Conversation, Objectified in America: Design, Consumerism and…
- Of the many brilliant designers featured in Gary Hustwit's product design documentary, Objectified (which Dwell was privileged to preview last week), I was particularly excited to get some…