Not to Be Missed: A. Quincy Jones Exhibition
Showing image @current of @total
- Though he's often lumped in as one of Joseph's Eichler's gang—and we certainly love what Eichler did for the modern tract home—architect A. Quincy Jones is a mid-century lion in his own right.
Calling all cinephiles: The Los Angeles Film Festival takes place from June 14th to the 24th. Most of the screenings are at the Regal Cinemas L.A. Live with additional films and events at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), JW Marriot ION Rooftop Bar, Grammy Museum, Grand Performances, and FIGat7th. Among the many films to be screened, highlights include:
• Gimme the Loot – (Director/Writer Adam Leon; Producers Natalie Difford, Dominic Buchanan, Jamund Washington CAST Tashiana Washington, Ty Hickson, Meeko, Zoe Lescaze)
Sofia and Malcolm have a plan to become the most famous graffiti artists in New York City, but first they have to hustle their way through two days of schemes, dreams and spray paint.
• Beauty Is Embarrassing (Director Neil Berkeley; Producers Neil Berkeley, Chris Bradley, Morgan Neville, Eddie Schmidt, Bart McDonough, Milan Erceg, Aimee Bothwell, Liah Corral, and Anthony Maiuri; Featuring Wayne White, Matt Groening, Paul Reubens, Mark Mothersbaugh, Todd Oldham, Gary Panter, Rick Heitzman, Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris, Woodrow White, Lulu White, Mimi Pond)
Expect the unexpected from artist Wayne White, whose iconoclastic career stretches from the East Village to the set of Pee Wee’s Playhouse to the thrift stores of Los Angeles, as seen in this lively and humorous documentary.
- Welcome to the second installment of Out and About, our weekly round-up of art and architecture events and exhibitions around the country and globe.
- Rebecca Daniels is an architectural photographer based in San Francisco, mainly commissioned by local architects to shoot their latest project.
Dwell on Design (DOD), June 21-23, 2013 is America's largest modern design event attracting more than 30,000 attendees during Dwell Design Week in Los Angeles, CA (June 14-23, 2013). The event, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center and produced by Dwell magazine, showcases new design ideas, products, and services in conjunction with world-class design speakers, exhibitions, & home tours. More than 400+ national and international exhibitors across all home design categories participate and over 200+ design leaders will present this year including distinguished keynote speaker Michael Graves. Participating organizations include the Getty Conservation Institute, MOCA, A+D Museum, Hammer Museum, & Architecture for Humanity. Dwell on Design’s partner this year is The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID). The Presenting Auto sponsor is The Lincoln Motor Company, and the Dwell Design Partner is jcpenney.
- Hailed as the most populous city in California, Los Angeles is also a sprawling metropolitan haven.
- A. Quincy Jones was a mid-century modernist whose architecture knew no bounds.
- From Frank Lloyd Wright to Frank Gehry, many noted architects have dreamed of a better plan for the architectural fabric of Los Angeles.