Links We Love
- With his experimental buildings, the Tokyo-based architect is creating a new breed of hybrid design.
- Black is the color (or absence of color, rather) of choice for these twelve homes from San Francisco to Berlin to Tokyo and beyond.
- What should Japan’s homes of the future look like? A few years ago, designer Kenya Hara posed that question to a group of Japanese architects and companies.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- Frank Gehry, Rem Koolhaas, Oscar Niemeyer, Daniel Libeskind, Zaha Hadid: Architecture’s best have all tackled the summer design challenge of building a temporary pavilion for London's Serpentine…
- The theme for the 13th Venice Biennale as defined by David Chipperfield is Common Ground.
- In the perfect vision of a sustainable future, products will be designed and produced based on cradle-to-cradle principles, eliminating waste and drastically reducing the amount of virgin resources…
Stop by the first mixed-use building within the Triangle district for a weekend-long open house showcasing sustainable design. Four out of the ten lofts will be open to the public; each has been redesigned with green materials and applications.