Jan Vingerhoets of Flos on the Future of Lighting Design
- Flos, the Italian lighting company that collaborates with many of the best designers working today, opened a San Francisco "store"—a shop within the cavernous DZINE design showroom.
If you find yourself in the San Francisco design district be sure to stop by DZINE, where a new display by Gensler featuring the FLOS Minikelvin lamp is brightening its storefront. The display is entitled "Light, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" and features cutouts of an elephant and donkey surrounded by a heart-shaped series of the Antonio Citterio–designed lamps in what Colin Burry, Principal at Gensler, describes as "a big bipartisan smooch." In addition to the Minikelvin, DZINE stocks the Piani, D’E-Light, and Miniteca by FLOS.
- Ciao! Grab some gnocchi and gelato as we prepare to take you on a tour of these striking homes residing in Italy.
New from Flos. This linear suspension light, designed by Philippe Starck, features a polished die-cast aluminum body with polycarbonate diffuser and steel suspension cables.
- For someone whose design philosophy is "to produce exceptionally designed objects of permanent value," you'd better believe it.
- Be it a perch for an alarm clock, reading lamp, or glass of water, the nightstand is a furniture staple in the bedroom. Here we show seven options.
- From March 24th to May 10th, "Harry Bertoia: Works on Paper and Furniture" will be on view at Kean University's Karl and Helen Burger Gallery.