Jan Vingerhoets of Flos on the Future of Lighting Design
- With Milan Design Week in full swing, we take a look at some of our favorite Italian homes.
- Flos, the Italian lighting company that collaborates with many of the best designers working today, opened a San Francisco "store"—a shop within the cavernous DZINE design showroom.
New from Flos. This linear suspension light, designed by Philippe Starck, features a polished die-cast aluminum body with polycarbonate diffuser and steel suspension cables.
- For someone whose design philosophy is "to produce exceptionally designed objects of permanent value," you'd better believe it.
- Ciao! Grab some gnocchi and gelato as we prepare to take you on a tour of these striking homes residing in Italy.
If you find yourself in the San Francisco design district be sure to stop by DZINE, where a new display by Gensler featuring the FLOS Minikelvin lamp is brightening its storefront. The display is entitled "Light, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" and features cutouts of an elephant and donkey surrounded by a heart-shaped series of the Antonio Citterio–designed lamps in what Colin Burry, Principal at Gensler, describes as "a big bipartisan smooch." In addition to the Minikelvin, DZINE stocks the Piani, D’E-Light, and Miniteca by FLOS.
- Blanket your home with the crisp whites and icy blues of sparkling winter snow. Shop this collection of sleek, and beautiful seasonal pieces from the new Dwell Store.