Exhibit Brings Midcentury California Design to Massachusetts
- This Sunday, October 10, on the day that would have been architectural photographer Julius Shulman’s 100th birthday, the MAK Center for Art & Architecture at the Schindler House will hold…
- It’s been the talk of L.A.
- The MAK Center for Art and Architecture in Los Angeles celebrates 20 years with a reception, discussion, and R. M. Schindler architecture tour on May 17–18, 2014.
- Julius Shulman was a famous American photographer known for his residential photography of modernist residences in midcentury Southern California.
- Dwell contributor Naomi Pollock, who wrote "All Wrapped Up" in our Small World issue now on newsstands, recently came out with her fourth book, Made in Japan: 100 New Products from Merrell…
- Last weekend, the Getty Research Institute's show Julius Shulman's Los Angeles opened in its third location, a cathedral-like neo-Mudéjar style water tower named Canal de Isabel II in Madrid.
- To celebrate 85 years of architecture courtesy of Richard Neutra and his architect son, Dion, who has kept the Neutra practice alive since his father’s death in 1970, a series of events took…
- With the help of DSH Architects, a pair of intrepid Angelenos restored (and gently updated) Rudolph Schindler’s iconic Bubeshko Apartments.