Dwell's 12 Picks for Cozy Interiors
With the days growing shorter, temperatures sinking lower, and damp air creeping into the house, it can be tempting to burrow under that old electric blanket. However, you might want to consider selection of linen towels, cashmere throws, and plump knitted pouffes instead. Here, we show 12 of our favorite ways to have a happy hibernation this winter.
@current / @total
Old world crafting techniques meet a modern sensibility in these 100-percent Turkish cotton towels. The highly absorbent, velvety soft pile is designed to withstand years of use, and the cheerful color palette will add a bright note to bathrooms.
- The right throw can liven up your living room, adding a bright pop to even the most staid sofa. Click through these five modern blankets for a few of our favorites.
- Though my number-one dream job remains journalist and editor (lucky me!) a close second is textile and furniture designer (third place: documentary filmmaker).
This 100% cotton, fleece-lined, supersoft and snuggleworthy Egg blanket was designed for your little one's crib, but its retro colors and simple lines would look just as cool laying at the end of your bed.
This wool-polyester blanket has a pixelated graphic rendered in muted greens, plums, and blues, and a cozy taupe underside.
- Greetings from Peru! I'm in Lima reporting from the showroom floors of the National Gift Show and Peru Moda, a fashion tradeshow, taking place April 27th to 30th.
- One of the special exhibitions at Tendence was Africa Chic, a collection of objects designed and manufactured in Africa.
- We can’t get enough of new design brand House of Rym, an improbable artistic combination of Tunisian craftsmanship and Swedish aesthetics.