The Dutch Design Awards Young Designer Finalists
@current / @total
- This week, we traveled to Amsterdam to check in with a few design voices from studios large and small.
- Of note this week in New York was the announcement of the finalists in the Young Architects Program, the competition that challenges emerging firms to design the interior courtyard of MOMA's edgy…
- Chief among our interests at any international design show is the work of young designers.
- Dwell was proud to be named a finalist this year for the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Awards in the category of Corporate Achievement.
- Choosing the finalists and, eventually, the winners wasn't the only difficult task at the Modern World Awards. Designing the face of the award was a feat in and of itself.
- NAi Publishing, in collaboration with the Dutch Design Awards, recently released the 2010 Dutch Design Yearbook, a 216-page atlas of the best, newest, and most innovative work by designers in the…
New items exclusively created by the Dutch designer Sander Bokkinga will be displayed at Plart Headquarters in 48, Martucci Street, Naples. Hosepipe is the title of the project, which is inspired by the idea of recycling old flexible pipes, in order to transform them into fanciful fittings like seats or lamps. A new video is going to recount the creation and realization process of the collection.
- I first met architect Whitney Sander of Sander Architects in Los Angeles at Dwell on Design this year.