Creativity and Constraint: A City Modern Preview
Who better to speak to the topic of authentic design than a man with numerous creative collaborations under his belt in addition to his own (vast!) undertakings? Author, designer and ceramicist Jonathan Adler has worked with brands as varied as footwear designer TOMS and e-stationer Paperless Post and next week at City Modern, he’ll sit down with art law specialist Amy Adler (she also happens to be his sister), to discuss the intersection of design authorship and design inspiration. In advance of his City Modern panel at #DellVenue, Adler answered a few of our questions about authentic design and also gave us a sampling of some of his favorite recent additions to his collection.
@current / @total
These modern lucite dreidels are candy for your Hanukkah table. Beautiful in the clarity of its lucite plastic body, these dreidels have an etched-on traditional Hebrew design. Comes in blue or orange
- For design mavericks Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan, a challenging site that slopes toward the sea yields a unique opportunity to create an intimate and relaxing hideaway.
- As an extension to the sold-out "Creativity & Constraint" event at the #DellVenue during Dwell's City Modern 2013, Designer Jonathan Adler and Dell Creative Director Tommy Lynn discuss the…
- Ten years ago, there was a petite house in the Bastille area of Paris that sat tucked away behind the boulevard, surrounded on all four sides by a deserted factory.
- When David Rockwell, Founder and President of the Rockwell Group, takes the stage at City Modern with panelists including fashion designer Isabel Toledo, artist and illustrator Ruben Toledo, and…
- Our July/August issue (on newsstands now) focuses on the work of talented female architects who found creative ways to solve design problems. One such story is told by Jayna Cooper, an emerging L.A.
- Long Island boasts both extravagant mansions and cozy cottages, original new structures and inspired renovations. Here, we take a look at some of Dwell's favorite Long Island homes.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…