British Designers Craft for the Crown
- Tom Dixon’s latest collection for Milan in a few weeks is called Rough and Smooth with eight new product families. Dwell wants all of them.
- An architect and his wife roll up their sleeves and create an affordable family residence in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Plus, catch architect Andrew Moss's guide to the city here.)
- Although the Venice Architecture Biennale invades all nooks and crannies of the four-square-mile island, most of the festival's big-hitters reside under the roof of only one building, the Italian…
- With the opening of the Royalton Hotel in 1988, Phillippe Starck ushered in the new age of boutique design hotels.
- Once upon a time, Kelly Behun was destined for Wall Street.
- Who says good design is just for us grown-ups? Plucked straight from the Dwell Pinterest board dedicated to modern design for kids, take a peek inside to see our top picks for the mini modernist.
- Eric Baker and Tyler Blik are a pair of noted graphic and identity designers, though perhaps their greatest legacy in American design will come not from their work as designers, but as design…
- The Paris metro was born with the same furor as the Eiffel Tower, right on time for the World Expo at the turn of the 20th century.