The Apprentice: A City Modern Preview
@current / @total
- As an extension to the sold-out "Creativity & Constraint" event at the #DellVenue during Dwell's City Modern 2013, Designer Jonathan Adler and Dell Creative Director Tommy Lynn discuss the…
- Onstage and on the show floor at Dwell on Design, held in Los Angeles June 20-22, talented designers will display and discuss their latest furniture and product offerings.
- On the second day of City Modern, find events throughout New York City, including the following:
- Designer Discussion with Thos. Moser, 1:00–2:00 p.m., Thos. Moser Showroom, 699 Madison Avenue, New York, Free
Dwell Editor in Chief Amanda Dameron will sit down for a design discussion with Thos. Moser head designer, David Moser. Amanda and David will discuss the iconic New England company’s design philosophy, longstanding quality craftsmanship, and how modern design tenets permeate through the company’s newer lines. Join us for champagne and light refreshments following the discussion.
- Brooklyn Self-Guided Tours, 2:00–5:00 p.m., Various Locations, Free
City Modern will open the doors to emerging designers' studios in Brooklyn. With unprecedented access to designers in their work environment, attendees will pique their curiosity and interact with the designers themselves to learn more about the creative process. Designers on the self-guided tours include: Snarkitecture, hOmE, Chen Chen & Kai Williams, Um Project, DMFD, Hellman Chang, Egg Collective, Todd Bracher, Olga Guanabara, Uhuru Design, TOKEN, Fort Standard and Click Boom Pow.
- Emerging Designers Panel Discussion sponsored by Silestone, 7:00–9:00 p.m., Museum of Arts and Design (MAD), 2 Columbus Circle, New York, $20
Jerry Helling, President and Creative Director of Bernhardt Design has made a career out of discovering new talent. This panel looks at trends and challenges facing young and emerging designers who are trying to find a foothold in the competitive design market. Wendy Goodman will moderate a panel with Helling and emerging Bernhardt designers: Taylor Pemberton, a New York-based designer and talented entrepreneur who recently launched Cavalier.com and Wantful.com; Sarah and Victor Lytvinenko, the founders of Raleigh Denim in North Carolina who were part of Helling's 'America Made Me' design show during ICFF in May; and the Scottish artist/designer Jephson Robb. Come and hear what it takes to make it in the NY design industry. Sponsored by Silestone.
CITY MODERN Presented by Audi is a joint venture celebrating design, co-created by the Dwell and New York editorial teams, led by Amanda Dameron and Wendy Goodman respectively. See below for CITY MODERN Presented by Audi programming.
We will host a design lecture and feature light Maine fare and cocktails celebrating our Maine roots in our new Soho store.
Auction Item: Thos. Moser Wall Clock
Description: Encased in solid cherry, this distinctive quartz wall clock makes a perfect gift.
Image: please see attached image and let me know if you need a high res version
- This year's Dwell on Design in Los Angeles featured four Dwell-curated pavilions, a wide range of onstage speakers, the first-ever Dwell Store Pop-Up, and much more. Couldn't make it to L.A.?
The sinuous cherry frame supports a webbed back, upholstered in full-grain leather. A removable headrest provides additional comfort, if desired. The two-position Chaise reclines fully without any handles or gadgets. Simply lean back and let gravity do the rest.
- San Francisco is where west first met east so it makes sense that Hong Kong designer Kinney Chan’s first US project, here in the city by the Bay, is an Asian-inspired bar and restaurant.
Ergonomically shaped to support the curvature of your back and cushioned in thick leather-covered padding, the Lolling Chair and matching Ottoman provide the perfect resting place for hours of reading, television or just plain lolling.