All That's Fit to Print
After years of working as a fashion photographer, Maude Arsenault began toying with the idea of opening her own gallery devoted to photography to reunite with artists she admires or collects. At the request of clients and art buyers who wanted to purchase prints from her, she started The Print Atelier, a print gallery, in 2011. Then, this past September, Arsenault and her team launched The Print Atelier website, representing nine artists and featuring approximately 145 works in an online gallery.
Unlike other print galleries, such as Society 6, The Print Atelier describes itself as a boutique, only offering between two and 100 copies of each print. Arsenault carefully curates the artist’s works and focuses on motifs such as portraits, abstracts, nudes, and landscapes. Each print is sent to customers with a signed certificate of authenticity and the website offers suggestions on proper framing and storing.
To give customers a more intimate perspective, The Print Atelier will begin airing video interviews of the artists, including Arsenault, in two weeks, and just launched a tumblr as an ever-changing inspiration board. Blurring the lines between inaccessible online website and thoughtfully curated gallery even further, The Print Atelier plans to throw pop up exhibitions throughout 2013, beginning in Montreal, Canada, this December.
Showing image @current of @total
- Today's Photographer's Promotional Pieces We Love and Why: Kelsey Foster
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
- Michael Mundy emailed me out of the blue a few weeks back. He wanted to shoot my apartment for a project he was working on called An Afternoon With.
- At Dress Codes, the current exhibition and third triennial at the International Center of Photography in New York, I saw a provoking gallery of pieces that critically explore fashion and its…
- That's right kids, the holidays have arrived! This is an exciting time of year, and this week's picks offer lots of choices for gift giving.
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: Lissa Gotwals
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: Pamela Littky
- Instagram has created a vibrant social platform for sharing images and simply allowing millions of people to create photographs that are often more visually appealing than those typically made with a…