AIANY Releases Winning Designs for Queens Greenway Project
@current / @total
The Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence celebrates urban places that are distinguished by quality design and their social and economic contributions to our nation’s cities. Winners offer creative placemaking solutions that transcend the boundaries between architecture, urban design, and planning, and showcase innovative thinking about American cities. One Gold Medal of $50,000 and four Silver Medals of $10,000 will be awarded. Projects must be a real place, not just a plan or a program, and be located in the 48 contiguous United States. Award winners may use prize money in any way that benefits the project.
To apply, visit brunerfoundation.org/rba to learn more about the award (including a digital archive and case studies of past winners) and to download the application. For more information, questions, or to request a copy of the application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the 2013 Award is December 10, 2012.
- As a pioneering voice in the diffusion of modern art and design, Josef Albers's contributions to printmaking, color theory and pedagogy cannot be overstated.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects awarded its tenth annual Housing Awards to projects across the country, several of which have been featured in Dwell.
- We chat with the designers and the factories who produce some of the most iconic pieces of furniture. Plus, learn the real cost of rip-offs.
- I'll be down in Los Angeles tomorrow, January 27th at 6:00 PM, to moderate a discussion on Swiss design at the A+D Museum.
- Robert Hammond has just returned from a year in Rome. While there he created an urban experiment called Chance Encounter on the Tiber, involving 100 chairs in public spaces in Italy.
- I wish I could see this cool new pop-up shop in person, but alas, it's in Manhattan and only until October 31.
- Receiving recognition for countless design achievements, including the Rome Prize Fellowship, the Neutra Medal for Professional Excellence, the Pritzker Architecture Prize, and the 2013 AIA Gold…